Holland Wooden Shoes
History of Holland Clogs
What is so special about the wooden shoes?
• These shoes as suggested by orthopaedics provide excellent support for your feet in a manner that they result in least amount of fatigue for your feet and at the same time are able to carry your body weight in best possible manner.
• Wooden shoes are specially recommended for children in their early age to that their feet could be moulded in a good posture.
• Wooden shoes works as a natural air conditioning unit for your feet as they absorb all the perspiration and always give you dry feet surrounded by fresh air.
• Their special ventilation system keeps the feet warm in winters and cool in summers as they remain useful throughout the year.
• Last but not the least these wooden shoes give adequate protection to your feet from the different surfaces underneath them.
Due to the above the above mentioned benefits and tradition behind these shoes today the wooden shoes (more popularly known as clogs) are an excellent gift for your near and dear ones. Let us make you more aware of these shoes and take a trip down the lanes of history.
More on wooden shoes...
Who all wear wooden shoes?
The wooden shoes were originated in Holland and there has been popular belief the most of the people in Holland wear these shoes. The facts are actually very different. The people in Holland do still wear these traditional shoes but their numbers are far less. The major demand of wooden shoes comes from people who work in farms or in other industries where they require adequate protection for their feet. So as on day industrial usage of these shoes is much more that the traditional use.
Why do people wear wooden shoes?The answer to this question lies in the answer to who all wear these shoes. There is small fraction of people in Europe who still wear these shoes on special occasions out of their love for tradition. But vast majority of people worldwide wear these shoes for their ability to give special protection in specific jobs. Like farmers don’t only find it very convenient to walk in their fields with wooden shoes but these shoes also protect them with any sharp objects which are there in their fields. Similarly in many other industrial applications special wooden clogs are highly recommended.
How are the wooden clogs made?
Traditionally wooden clogs were handmade but with new technologies available most of these shoes today are made using special machines. Experienced clog makers choose special wood which is ideal for making these shoes. After the right quality of wooden is chosen it is then moulded into two identical pair of shoes through some amazing craftsmanship.
Once the basic shoe is ready then is goes for finishing part. There are many different ways in which a wooden clog can be decorated to look attractive. One of the ways to give finishing touches is to paint the clogs in a traditional fashion. Most of the painted wooden shoes are wore along with traditional Dutch dresses and mainly used for traditional dances. Other than traditional paintings wooden shoes are also decorated with fine wooden carvings which depict various shapes and designs. The carved top wooden clogs are also very popular among clog lovers.